St. Joseph School was founded in 1885 by German immigrants. Not surprisingly, the first teachers of the school were school masters from Germany. For a brief period in the early 1900's Dominican Sisters from Great Bend staffed St. Joseph School. In 1911, the Sisters Adorers of the Blood of Christ from Wichita took over operation of the school and remained on staff until 2003. The current school building was built in 1926 and is currently staffed with fully-licensed teachers through the state of Kansas.